“As they went on their way through the cities, they delivered to them for observance the decisions that had been reached by the apostles and elders who were in Jerusalem. So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and they increased in numbers daily.”—Acts 16:4-5
The New Testament expectation for local churches is that they would partner together with other churches for theological, moral and missional unity in order to be obedient to God and effective in the advancement of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Local churches are strengthened by a governing oversight (v. 4).
“We believe that the unity that Jesus prayed for among his people should find concrete expression among believers and churches.” —Sovereign Grace Churches, Shared Values
- Local churches are strengthened by a shared mission (v. 5).
Pray that God would protect and unify our family of churches.
- Pray that God would give grace to those who are leading our denomination and especially our executive director, Mark Prater.
- Pray that God would raise up men in our church who we could send to the pastors’ college.
- Pray for the Pastor’s College in Ethiopia and Trinity Fellowship Church.