“How do we speak is such a way that is good, fruitful, and builds up those who are listening to us?”
1. Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths.
2. Let only good words come out of your mouths.
“The goal of each member of the community is to build up other members of the church.” —Gene L. Green (PNTC)
“Encouragement is what the gospel feels like as it moves from one believer to another.” —Ray Ortlund
Building a Culture of Encouragement
1. Pray. We need God to change our hearts and to help us.
2. Thank God for the things He gives us. Thank others.
3. Write a note. Share a text.
4. Share a verse with someone.
5. Spend time at home around the table sharing evidences of God’s grace in each other’s lives.
6. Encourage someone at church on Sunday morning. Show up ready!