“What matters most is the gospel of Jesus Christ and its advance in our community.”
- Every circumstance is an opportunity to advance the gospel.
“God’s logic is very different from ours. We assume that the circumstances must be right if we are to be really effective Christians. But God is not waiting for the circumstances to be right; he is committed to producing really effective Christians, whatever their circumstances may be.”—Sinclair Ferguson
- Love for Jesus and others is our motivation to advance the gospel.
Discussion and Application
- Pray for the advance of the gospel in our community.
- Discuss who you can personally be reaching out to and sharing the gospel with during this time.
- Reach out to neighbors (unbelievers) in your life that you have a relationship with and seek to care for them in practical ways. Call them and check in on them. This is a time when it’s not going to be seen as weird for us to do this; it’s almost expected.
- Write personal notes to your neighbors to tell them you are thinking about them and praying for them.
- Share our YouTube links with your neighbors.
- Invite them to join your community group Zoom meetings.
- Pray for other churches in our area—that God would bless them and their work in advancing the gospel in our community.